Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 April 2018

More SAGA Vikings

After a couple of weeks I've managed to finish up a few bits and pieces off the paint table! So I've added some more Vikings to my collection. I've gone for a mix of berserkers and hirdman, the Vikings are Gripping Beast plastics and I've converted the berserkers from Warlord Games figures.
 I added some different shield designs, I'm not the best at freehand but hopefully once mixed in with the rest of the warband they will blend in nicely. Painting shield's is part of the course but they can make or break the look of the figures. 

 The berserkers are a easy conversion from the warlord games figures and although not perfect they do the job nicely. Ive added a few tattoos although I'm not entirely happy with them! 
 The first four Hirdman I gave them all spears and apart for the green shield looking more Irish than viking! I think they worked out pretty nicely. 
 The second four are armed with a mix of swords and axes. I wasn't impressed with the GB plastic Vikings at first! The Saxons where the first figures I built from Gripping Beast and I was impressed massively with them. Then when I started on the Vikings they didn't seem as easy to put together and I didn't think they looked as good! But once i painted some I changed my mind and hopefully it shows. 

So as always thanks for looking 
   All the best
                  Cheers Russ 



7 comments:

  1. Fierce and beautiful looking warriors Russ, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I'm cracking on with my Arabs as we speach

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal your words are always warmly received 😀

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete