Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 July 2019

The 9th Kentucky

I have managed to complete my latest additions for my steadily growing ACW collection, this time its more Rebs. Just for a change they are Dixon Miniatures! Like every single figure in my ACW collection. I am a creature of habit and slightly OCD about certain hobby matters.

   The 9th Kentucky

 I decided I wanted to portray a earlier unit from the war rather then the usual later years that I collect. I'm no expert and occasionally I do get it wrong hopefully this won't be one of those times. 

 This is one unit which I havn't tampered with by adding conversions or even stripes for NCO's. Normally I cant help myself but these are literally a straight paintjob. 

 The boys charging hopefully to glory! 

 I'm pretty biased I'm afraid, the rebs in my collection outnumber the Yankees and I dont think that will ever change. 
 

So thanks for looking, feel free to comment
Cheers for now Russ 
             





6 comments:

  1. Excellent work as always my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend your kind words are always welcome.

      Delete
  2. Those are very fine indeed! Old, but gold, as they say. A range of ACW figures never bettered in my view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. I think Dixon miniatures are very over looked by people. The detail, the character and the choice of figures, sets these aside from so many other manufacturers.

      Delete
  3. A magnificent period, the proof, that we do not play enough unfortunately ... Superb minis, Rebs are a little funnier to paint than Yankees, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I agree the ACW is not as popular as it once was. I think people forget it wasn't just blue and grey uniforms and with Rebs you can have a bit more fun painting them.

      Delete