Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 February 2021

Special forces part 3

                       Some special conversions 

When I placed my order from Empress Miniatures (Late Christmas present to myself) the intention was to bulk out my special forces with some of the Australian figures from their Vietnam range! I did get carried away and jumped straight into the new special forces figures, they are now all done so I got out the greenstuff and did the business with the first batch of Australians. Minimal work was required, thankfully sometimes I can fluke it with greenstuff so the less sculpting the better. 

      Bare metal and Greenstuff 

 the ammo pouches were cut down, and then the pockets were sculpted on the right leg. A small amount of repair work was required on the left leg but it was mainly cosmetic. Then a strap was added to the M16, luckily the water bottles and equipment are pretty much a straight paint job.

 

The greenstuff was left overnight to cure and then it was down to getting them coloured in. 

 The three guys in all their glory! A mix of ERDL camou, Tiger stripe and good old green fatigues. I left the rope attached, my thinking is that even US troops carried rope. 

 



 All in all I reckon it works! I'm no expert but i think they look pretty good. I still have the last guy out of the pack carrying a SLR so I'm still considering what to do with him. Australians may just be the agenda! 

So thanks for looking, feel free to comment! 
All the very best cheers Russ 








No comments:

Post a Comment