Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 December 2023

Vietnamese civilians

 My latest round of recruits adds a bit of local flavour to my collection, the scenery part things is slowly going on in the background so these will add that bit more realism to that side of things. There is also the fact the enemy blended into the surroundings and were quick to pick up arms to defend themselves and their villages. Empress released villagers for the Vietnam War in both civilian and combatant versions. So the locals can arm themselves and rise up and fight! So onto the figures 


                                     peaceful civilians going about their everyday business 



Once again Paul Hicks as captured these perfectly, clean castings with little flash to clean up and prep. Lovely poses and nice detail, they all look natural and certainly capture the flavour of Vietnam. 




These guys and gals are the armed versions of the above figures. The weapons are varied and as you would expect some soviet weapons mixed in. The figures are basically the same figure but this time armed, they look the part! Local militia or just people out to defend what they have, either way they are beautiful little sculpts. 

The painted versions 



This guys dumped his burden and is running to defend moma San.


I decided to have some fun with the base with this one, the lady in question is preparing her vegetable patch, once again more then willing to up a gun and fight. 




One minute your walking down the street in your village and the next minute your arming yourself.


Poppa San ready to fight and die!


Group shots, in my humble opinion I think I captured the look pretty well.



I finished up a fifth figure which belonged to another pack so here she is 



 Well this brings my post for this time to a close, absolutely love these figures, I'm not sure how many figures I've added to my collection but these definitely won't be the last. 

So thanks for looking, stay safe and I will post again soon 
Cheers for now Russ 
















 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment