Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 August 2015

Warlord Games Kriegsmarine Squad

Bolt Action Miniatures Kriegsmarine box set.
So after a slight break I am back into my Bolt Action collection, these little gems had my name wrote on them as soon as I saw them. Cracking little figures and something a little bit different for my German forces. I have based them to add to my defence of Berlin forces, rubble strewn bases and a few extra details added to them just to make them stand out a little bit more
 First up the full squad in all its blue and grey glory, the cap on the officer looks pulled down slightly to far but not enough to spoil the figure. Although when I first got the box set the smg he carried was broken which did dampen my enthusiasm for them a tad, but Warlord Games came through and replace him for me. One thing you cant fault Warlord on is their after sales service, disappointing to find damaged figures but things normally get rectified quickly once you contact them.



 I really made an effort with the basing and hopefully it shows, I tried to add lots of little touches to really bring them to life. I can see me adding a second box to collection, I really like them that much. So thanks for looking and hopefully I will post more soon
 
        cheers Russ

15 comments:

  1. lovely painting and basing work - marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, they turned out not to shabby. I think the extra work on the bases was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Russ, what ever you did to the improvement (extra work) of the base(s) I would keep doing it. The bases look great and realist to me.

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Phil for your comments, once in a while I come across something that calls for that little bit of extra care or time to be spent on. The smallest thing can end up inspiring me no end! I think these just happened to be one of those things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again Phil for your comments, once in a while I come across something that calls for that little bit of extra care or time to be spent on. The smallest thing can end up inspiring me no end! I think these just happened to be one of those things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double posting is creeping in again ? No idea why

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job on these. I like the way you did the basing-the oil drum is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anne despite tamiya stuff being 1/48 scale it fits in pretty well! The jerry can set has a lot of use full bits and bobs. Oil drums, jerry cans, packs and tarps for both Axis and Allied forces. The vehicles are pretty cool as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good job. Can you explain what kind of blue did you use?. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good job. Can you explain what kind of blue did you use?. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MaƮtre, the blue is Vallejo dark Prussian blue. I added black to the blue for the first coat, let it dry wash over with a pure black wash. Once again let it dry, dry brush with dark Prussian blue to highlight, add a very small amount of white to highlight and repeat until your happy with the end result. Just be careful not to over do adding the white its easy to do. Hope that helps if I havnt explained it very well juyt give us a shout!

      Delete
    2. Very good explaines. Thank you. I´m painting this squad too actually. I hope that the result is as good as yours

      Delete
    3. No problem Maite, if I can help anymore then just let us know.

      Delete
  11. Great work! I'm struggling to find a painting guide for the squad I just picked up. Any chance you could share your secrets? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, black undercoat for the dark blue or just mix a bit more black into the dark prussian blue for your basecoat. Once dry first dry brush pure dark prussian blue over the area. To highlight add a tiny amount of white to further highlights. It's easy to over do the white so be careful, tiny amounts are best and build it up slowly if needed. The grey waterproofs are basecoated with luftwaffe uniform. Wash over with nuln oil, once dry reinstate the luftwaffe uniform and build up highlights with light grey. I mainly vallejo paints but the wash us GW, hope that helps if not let me know and I will do my best to help. Thank you for the kind words it's much appreciated

      Delete