They have painted up quite nicely, I tried to limit the colour palette and it seems to have had the desired effect. The figures are a real tight fit to the horses, I always try and paint the riders and horses separately! So when I came to put the riders in place they removed some paint from the saddles. It wasn't a massive issue but it also meant once in place the riders didn't need glueing in place.
The black on the horses hopefully still looks black enough, its always easy to highlight black and it end up looking grey!
I still have more chaos stuff to paint up, a chariot, some more knights, 10 in total and about 20 more marauders. I've always liked Games Workshop stuff, it always paints up nicely in my opinion, and although a bit expensive compared to other manufacturers I don't think I have ever being disappointed with any of their stuff I have built and painted.
So thanks for looking hopefully now I'm feeling better I may be able to get back to posting slightly more regularly, I have some more Dixon ACW on the paint table so they could be next!