Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Thinning out my collection

It's a sad day, I have finally made my mind up to thin out my collection. I'm posting pictures here of some the stuff I'm planning to sell on, just because this the last chance I will get to show them off before I pack them ready to go to Vapnartak's table top sale.
   
          Darkest Africa

 First up! My meagre attempt at Darkest Africa, I think almost everyone has dipped a toe in the period at some time or another. 


 the shield's were scratch built out of plastic card, mainly because I forgot to order some. 

Bolt Action Tanks

 Despite only just finishing up the Cromwell I've decided to part with these, I'm probably going to replace these with Tamiya's 1/48 scale kits. Not gaming means I can get away with the more detailed but more fragile Tamiya's kits.




Black Scorpion Tombstone minis

 These miniatures captured my imagination, but after a friend said what a shame they would never be gamed with! It struck a cord and it troubled me slightly




Finally my High Elves 

 These have being sat on my shelf for way to long now, gathering dust is not a suitable for these highly skilled warrior's. 






 

Unfortunately I haven't taken photos of all the stuff going off to sale, but I ran out if time and to be honest the longer I looked at some of it! I wanted to keep it! 

I may not sell any of it, but it will make me feel better if I try to make some more space! And if I do make some money maybe a new project will beckon. 

So thank you for looking and wish me luck!
Cheers for now Russ




8 comments:

  1. I love your Dark Africa's figures, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, it's a shame they have got to go. It was another project that beckoned but I never really got to grips with.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get a good price Russ, that's if you decide to sell them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray,I've being promising myself to have a clear out for ages but I've always put it off.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, it's always a pleasure to hear from you.

      Delete
  4. A lot of lovely miniatures you obviously enjoyed painting. Just sorry to hear that you have to part with them. Not something I could ever do. Even if I never gamed with them. Your post reminds me I need some more models for Darkest Afria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stiubhart, it's a shame but it's got to be done! I could easily talk myself out of it but somethings got to give.

      Delete