Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 January 2022

VICTRIX VIKINGS

 I have tried to spilt my time between these guys and a little diorama I'm working on in 54mm. I've finally got these guys finished, 28mm Victrix miniatures in plastic!  


The leader steps forward followed by his stout hearted warriors.


I've said so many times how much I like plastic figures and when they look this good who can name me.

The kit takes some building, I think Victrix sometimes are not as straight forward as some kits, but like most things the more you build the easier it becomes. They do include instructions so it's just a case of matching the parts which are all marked on the frames. 

The sight you wouldn't want to see if your a monk minding your own business. 


As always with Victrix you get a lot for your money, if I remember correctly you get 60 figures in the bag.  A couple of command frames and then plenty of warriors both in chainmail and plain dress. Axes, swords and spears are all included and plenty of shields in various sizes. I love painting shields despite the time element, they are certainly worth the effort. 

Over the years I've collected Dark Ages figures on and off, from lots of different manufacturers! Both plastic and metal figures, I sometimes think plastics in certain circles still have a slight stigma. The plastic figures of old definitely wouldn't be able to compete with modern day figures! Hard plastic figures have so much going for them compared to the soft plastics of my childhood days, I still look fondly at Airfix figures which brought a whole world of enjoyment into my life. 


Well once again that brings my humble blog post to an end, thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment and I will post again soon.
   Cheers for now Russ 




2 comments:

  1. Excellent painted Vikings Russ! Oh and a Happy New Year!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter and a happy and healthy New year to you.

      Delete