Total Pageviews

Monday 13 November 2017

The 54th Massachusetts (Glory)

My latest recruits have arrived, I'm sure they will need very little introduction the 54th Massachusetts. One of my favourite ACW films, "Glory" the story of the 54th. Great cast and pretty enjoyable watch! So on to the figures
 the lighting today was terrible and so was my photography, I really don't think I've done these guys justice. Between the lighting and the figures looking way to glossy I think it's a bit of a fail! 
 Robert Gould Shaw or my version leads the gallant 54th on the battlefield, small conversion but nothing special. The sash and the shoulder bars are greenstuff but other then that the figure seemed to fit the part really well. 
 I added small details such as different colour blue trousers and different colour skin tones to add that bit more variety to the unit. 
 The figures are Dixon miniatures and despite a couple of greenstuff additions they are pretty much as they came! I know that's not like me but they hopefully tick the  right boxes.
So thanks for taking the time to read, and catch you all again soon 
   Cheers for now Russ 

6 comments:

  1. Great work Russ. I love the scenery photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, I love making buildings! I'm a scratch builder at heart.

      Delete
  2. They look wonderful Russ! Great movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, the movie is one of my favourites 😀

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete