Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Saga Arabs

I'm on a roll, another project finished! Saga Arabs this time. I've always loved plastic figures and the newer generation of plastics are a God send especially if your like me and love converting figures and doing Frankenstein conversions! Although for once I've pretty much built these straight out of the boxes.
 8 horse archers, 8 foot archers, 8 spearmen and 8 swordmen. The swordsman are made by combining parts from the Arabs cavalry boxes and the Arabs infantry box. Slight conversion maybe but nothing drastic. 
 I enjoy painting and very rarely game nowadays! So these may not stay in my collection for long, space is becoming rarer and rarer but i keep meaning to thin out my collection. I'm attending hammerhead this weekend and hopefully I will sell a few bits and pieces at the table top sale. Although not spending any money I make on something new and shiney will not be easy! But I'm waffling on so back to the figures. 
 Every warband needs a leader and here's mine, hopefully a true leader. 
 The swords are here, a bit of mixing and swapping of parts but they appear to work out pretty well. 
 The spears, I let myself run riot on the shields, after seeing some the patterns I couldn't resist.  
 The bows, it was nice to paint these. No shields so pretty quick to finish. 
 The mounted bows, the hosres are lovely looking crearures and paint up a treat, some of the riders needed to be matched to certain horses or it requires a little bit of trimming to get them to fit.  It could just of being me or I was just unlucky. 

 So thanks for looking, feel free to comment and thanks again for looking 
Cheers for now Russ  

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Really love your Arabs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, they are lovely figures to paint. I'm a sucker for plastics I'm afraid!

      Delete
  2. Hi Russ

    I have lost your details from the show yesterday!!

    Could you please send me an email.

    Many thanks
    Steve

    (Sorry if you get this message twice)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve
      I've sent you a message through Google+ I appear to messed up your e-mail address

      Cheers Russ

      Delete