Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 December 2016

Chaos Terrain

Well it's being a long week but I've managed to finish up my latest masterpiece from bits I've had laying around for a while.
 It's more chaos fantasy terrain, I sold the temple I made! So I decided to make another piece. The bulk of it is foam insulation board, carved, shaped and covered with plaster to add texture. The rocks are again cork board that's being ripped into shape to add that nice rough texture. The skulls on the pillars and the skull set into the slabs are also carved out of foam board. 
 Once the whole thing was painted it was time to add some static grass, it had to be dead grass purely to give it that proper chaos dead feel. 
 Then it was add a bit of detail, out came the spares box. That's one thing about Games Workshop kits, they nearly always come with loads of spare parts. 
Some parts were cut up or altered slightly so they would sit on the terrain better, and of course I had to add some scratch built bits! They are only candles but for a first attempt I don't think they turned out not to shabby
 So what's next? I'm not sure but scratch building is addictive and I've still got loads of ideas! So anything is possible!

So thanks for looking, 
Cheers for now Russ 

15 comments:

  1. Not too shabby at all Russ! Really like your work and those candles are awesome. Great satisfaction can be gained from scratch building. Looking forward to your next piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, scratch building is addictive and very satisfying. I always get a real buzz from it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal,its turned out pretty good! Like I said it's addictive so first chance I get I will be adding more.

      Delete
  3. I like it, it's like it's from the set of a Conan movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran, it's weird I starting Conan a few weeks back but I fell asleep while watching it.

      Delete
  4. It looks the dog's dangly bits Russ. Well done matey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mark, can I just say on dogs where harmed in the making of this terrain.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful and atmospheric, epic adventures are coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, it looked bare without the addition of all the spares from my bits box. I'm guessing from the feedback it added that extra level of interest.

      Delete
  6. Looking great and atmospheric! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stiubhart, the kind words are very much appreciated.

      Delete
  7. It looks the dog's dangly bits Russ. Well done matey.

    thanks for sharing...

    www.golden-slot.com
    gclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, I've got some ideas for more chaos scenery it's just grabbing the time to do it

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete