Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 December 2016

Games Workshop Assault Squad

I have finished up my next Ultramarines in what feels like record time.  Fair enough there are only 5 of them but even so I'm impressed with how they have turned out. So once again they appear in my take of the Ultramarine blue.
 I've continued with the same theme for the bases so they will all tie in together once finished. The only thing I'm disappointed in with Games Workshop are the transfers! OK it could be me but I struggle to get them to sit on the shoulder pads correctly. I cut them out as close to the out line of the detail as possible but some still don't sit right on the shoulder pads. I even cut out the centre's of the transfers to try and help it curve over the surface but even so I'm not entirely happy with the results. 
 Other than that and the cost of some of their stuff I'm enjoying being back into Warhammer stuff! This is what happens when you start painting for other people, you paint stuff you normally wouldn't and it gets you back to stuff you haven't touched in years. 
 So there you go another post almost completed, two in a short space of time! I must be on a roll! 
So thanks for looking
                   cheers for now Russ 
                                                            

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking ultras~!
    I love the armours and the bases.
    Great work Russ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, sorry it's taken a week to reply but it's being one of those weeks.

      Delete
  2. Great work and cracking bases sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran, I'm surprised how effective the cork looks once painted.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for visiting my humble blog.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic looking ultras~!
    I love the armours and the bases.

    www.golden-slot.com
    gclub online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your kind words are much appreciated. I'm slowly whittling my way through the unpainted plastics mountain.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete