Total Pageviews

Friday 18 August 2017

2nd Maryland Infantry

I've being working on these for a while now, they have being sat on my paint table patiently waiting for me to find the time to get them finished! Its very rare I solely work on a single project at any one time, it helps to keep the momentum going. They have looked slightly out of place next to space marines and various 40k chaos offerings. So onto the Boys
 the 2nd Maryland, the boys who turned against the union despite their state coming down on the side of the union. They fought for good old Dixie 
 I'm no history expert so if I've got my facts wrong all I can do is apologise, of course I will add the 1st Maryland at some point soon. 
 They are as always Dixon miniatures, in my opinion the best ACW figures going. No I don't get any kickback from Dixon miniatures or have any vested interest in the company! I just love the character of these figures and I can just about fluke the style when I'm converting figures. Of course if anyone wants to send me a box of goodies I wouldn't complain. Who doesn't like freebies! But I digress on with the minis 
 I have kept the conversions to a bear minimum for these guys, the sergeant's stripes are greenstuff and I converted him from a rock throwing infantry man. I carved the rock out of his hand and replaced his other hand from the spares box, I think it works! And last little bit of converting was adding a greenstuff sash to my officer. I'm not entirely happy with the Austrian knot on his sleeves and kepi but I had to stop before i ruined it completely. 
 I tried to improve the basing, I'm happier then I was but I may still fine tune it.
 so there we have my latest additions to my Confederate forces.

As always thanks for looking and I will be posting again soon
Cheers for now Russ


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, next unit is already being prepped for painting.

      Delete
  2. They are bloody fantastic Russ. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger it's nice to get back to my ACW stuff 😀

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm working on my next unit almost as I speak!

      Delete